Hello everyone. I hope the last few weeks haven’t been too tiring because our first workshop is coming up soon. Our next meeting is on November 1st, 2019 and will consist of a 20min news roundup with Nick then Git Workshop until 9:30 with Adam Burek in J102.
This workshop has been designed with the following points in mind:
- Beginner Friendly
- Provide an overview of Git and Github
- What is it and why is it useful?
- Why is it useful for us?
- Provide context for using this in our program classes/assignments
Hardware and Software Requirements:
- VMWare or Virtualbox
- A Linux virtual machine image with git installed via a package manager
- A Windows virtual machine image
Please download the installers or ask for help with obtaining the installers as the workshop will also cover installation. As virtual machine images take a long time to download, please have at least these prepared for the workshop.
For any questions about the requirements and/or what to expect, you may contact @Louai or @AdamB directly on our Discord server! That’s it folks! We are so excited for this workshop and we hope you are too!